Sol is a teacher, therapist and international presenter with over 30 years experience. His passion is the development of a truly integrative approach to the education and healing of body, mind, heart and spirit.
Mana Retreat Centre
MANA Retreat, a sanctuary and seminar centre, nestled in the Coromandel bush of New Zealand, is a charitable trust. Sol, as a young teacher, therapist, musician & artist had a vision of a learning centre to promote the creative & healing arts . In 1983 Sol and Shanti and Rainer Huebnerbegan creating Mana.
Waimana is Sol's family residence and little corner of paradise located on the mountainside between Mana Retreat and Tara Sanctuary. Waimana Spa has two lovely self-contained units, swimming pool, hot pool and spa - a perfect place to escape for a personal retreat, to relax and rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit. Enjoy bush walks and a range of therapeutic treatments : remedial and relaxation massage, Integral Aquatic therapy and Watsu, Structural Integration, Counselling and Rehabilitation from injury.
The Chai Tea House
the Chai Tea House is a vegetarian cafe, juice and kombucha bar in the centre of Coromandel town, New Zealand
Click here to visit The Chai Tea House Facebook site
Mana Structural Integration Training (IASI affiliated)
the Mana SI training is a person-centred approach to teaching the evolving work initiated by Ida P. Rolf with the intention of nurturing the art of embodiment.
Structural Integration and Myofascial Release Skills Classes
A range of classes covering techniques and information to support therapists and teachers practising massage, structural bodywork and SI, Pilates, Yoga and fitness training. Current classes in NZ and Europe.
Introduction to Watsu, Integral Aquatic Therapy & aquatic Structural Integration
Integral Aquatic Therapy and Watsu are gentle and effective forms of body therapy and rehabilitation performed in warm water( 35 degrees C.). They combine elements of soft tissue manipulation and massage, joint mobilization, trigger point therapy, stretching and positional release all woven seamlessly into a beautiful sequence of fluid movements.
Sweatlodge at Mana
the sweat is a healing ritual of the north and central american native tradition. It is a unique experience offered at Mana near the solstice and equinox times.
Mana Inner Warrior Mens Empowerment Progammes
The 4-day Mana Mens Retreats have been inspiring, initiating and nourishing men for over 25 years. Earth & Fire, Earth Oven Building Retreat Nov 27- Dec 1, 2015 at Mana
The Heart of Tai Ji and Meditation Retreat and Classes
integrating traditional Yang style Tai Ji of Master Huang Sheng Shyan, with meditation, Qi Gong and functional awareness. Sol teaches Thursdays 10 am in Coromandel town and retreats at Mana
Structural Awareness and Yoga, Facial Fitness and Yoga - classes with Sol Petersen
In a yoga practice developing mindfulness as well as awareness of basic structural principles helps us to reduce effort and increase our ease and suppleness. The classes in NZ and Denmark for 2015/16 have not been scheduled yet. Sol presented Fascial Fitness and Yoga at the 2015 Yoga Festival at Kawaipurapura near Auckland
Classes not Currently scheduled
News & Events
- June 26, 6pm "Griefwalker' film screening and discussion for men at Titrangi theatre, Lopdell House, Titirangi Road, Titirangi
- September 17,18 Full Moon Spring Sweatlodge at Mana Retreat
- Wednesday, October 26, 6pm auckland Men's Circle film TBA at Titirangi theatre
- November 25-29 The Medicine of the Masculine, Inner Warrior Mens Retreat at Mana
- Mana Men's Retreat video:
In 2011 this 10 minute video of the Mana Mens Retreat was on NZ's TV3
news. Please be patient with the short advert before it starts. Men's retreat attempts to erase modern stresses.
- December 10&11, 2016 A Place for Healing: Summer Sweatlodge at Mana Retreat Centre. Read more here about the Sweatlodge
- March 4&5, 2017 Autumn Sweatlodge at Mana Retreat Centre. Read more here about the Sweatlodge
- August 31-September 6, 2015 Refining the Ten Series: a workshop for Structural Integration practitioners in Copenhagen, Denmark
- September 4-6, 2015 The Advanced 3-Series: a workshop for Structural Integration practitioners in Copenhagen, Denmark
- September26-27, 2015 A Place for Healing: Spring Sweatlodge at Mana Retreat Centre. Read more here about the Sweatlodge
- November 27- December 1, 2015 Earth and Fire, 4-day Earth-Building Men's Retreat at MANA with Sol and Guenther Andraschko
- Visit www.manaretreat.com
- June 18,19 Full Moon Sweat at Mana Retreat[ www.manaretreat.com] Read more here about the Sweatlodge.
Read our newsletters online
- March 28, 2015 Fascial Fitness and Yoga with Sol at the Kawaipurapura Yoga Festival, Albany, NZ
- March 29, 2015 Hakomi Mindfulness and the practice of Yoga with Sol at Kawaipurapura
- November 22-26, 2013 Inner Warrior Mens Retreat with Sol Petersen and the Inner Warrior Team. Download poster. In 2011 this 10 minute video of the Mana Mens Retreat was on NZ's TV3 news. Please be patient with the short advert before it starts. Men's retreat attempts to erase modern stresses. Visit www.manaretreat.com
- November 20, 2013 Changing Our World with Their Visions: Inspiring Men Share Their Stories. 6-9:30pm at Blockhouse Bay Boat Club, Endeavour Rd, Blockhouse Bay. Entry by donation (all proceeds to Y for Youth Foundation). Contact Sol for more info.
- October 4-6, 2013 Attending to Attachment: A Mindfulness-Centred Approach to Attachment and Relationship Repair with Julie Murphy at Kawai Purapura Retreat, Albany, Auckland. Visit: www.hakomi.co.nz and www.kawaipurapura.co.nz
- September 21-22, 2013 Spring Sweatlodge with Sol Petersen at Mana Retreat, Coromandel
- September 13-15, 2013 Skills for Mindful Living: A Hakomi Body-Integrated Approach with Jules Morgaine at Mana Retreat, Coromandel. Visit www.hakomi.co.nz and www.manaretreat.com
- Mar 16-17, 2013 Autumn Sweatlodge, Mana Retreat, Coromandel.Download poster.
- Feb 18, 2013: Start of 6 week Structural Integration training.Download training brochure.
- Feb 1-3, 2013: the H..E.A.R.T. workshop. the Hakomi Embodied and Aware Relationships Training- an inter-personal skills workshop with Halko Weiss, Hakomi trainer from Germany at Mana Retreat.
- Jan 6, 7, 2013: Fascial Fitness Trainers Certification Course in Auckland. Download poster
- Jan 4, 5, 2013: Introduction to Fascial Fitness with Robert Schleip and Divo Mueller (pre-requisite for Trainers course) in Auckland.Download poster
- Dec 1-2, 2012: Aquatic Structural Integration : Applying Myofascial Release Techniques in the Water, Teddington Pool, Greater London, UK. Download poster
- November 30: Evening Intro to Aquatic SI, Teddington Pool, Greater London, UK
- Nov 23-27, 2012: Earth and Fire - MANA Mens Retreat: Earth Building Mens Retreat with Gunther Andraschko and Sol. Download poster. Watch Mana Mens Retreat Nov 2011 on TV 3 NEWS VIDEO: Men's retreat attempts to erase modern stresses
- Nov 2-11, 2012: Hakomi Professional Training. Mana Retreat, Coromandel. Download poster and brochure.
- October 5, 6, 7, 2012: The Re-Creation of the SELF with Jon Eisman from USA - a Hakomi trainer's approach to healing and understanding through a new approach to Self psychology at Tauhara Centre Taupo..see www.hakomi.co.nz, contact sol for more info.Download poster.
- Sep 22-23, 2012: Spring Sweatlodge at Mana. Download flyer
- May 12-13, 2012: Myofascial Release Weekend Class: Structural Integration Skills for the Spine and Lower Limbs, with Sol Petersen. Waimanu, New Plymouth. Download poster.
- BodyWisdom Congress "The Anatomy of Aliveness" in Spain, June 6-9, 2012 with international presenters and pre & post congress workshops. View latest BodyWisdom Spain newsletter
Dec 21, 2011: Summer Solstice Sweatlodge at Mana
Dec 18, 2011: Bridging Science and Clinical Practice - a Fascial Fitness workshop for hands-on therapists in Auckland with Schleip PhD 9:30 - 5:30
More information on Robert's classes in Austalia starting early Dec www.bodyworkeducationaustralia.com.au
Dec 17, 2011: Fascial Fitness Workshop for Movement and Manual Therapists with Robert Schleip PhD, Auckland 9:30 - 5:30
Dec 16, 2011: 7pm Secrets of Fascial Fitness lecture and workshops with Dr. Robert Schleip in Auckland at the NZ College of Massage, 382 Manukau Rd. Epsom. Click to download Fascial Fitness article by Robert Schleip
Nov 25-29, 2011: Straight and True - Arrow Making, Archery and Tai Ji, Inner Warrior Mens Retreat at Mana with Sol Petersen, Paul Mischefski and Inner Warrior Graduates
Oct 28-Nov 1, 2011: Advanced Structural Integration workshop for SI Practitioners with Sol at Waimana at Mana
Oct 14-16 or 14-20, 2011 (Weekend only or 6-day ) Five Treasures Tai Ji and Meditation Retreat with Sol at Waimana at Mana Retreat
Sep 2-5, 2011: at Mana Retreat - The Essential Self in Psychotherapy with Greg Johanson, Hakomi trainer and author
Jul 7-9, 2011: Integral Aquatic Therapy course [Terapia Acuatica Integral] with Sol Petersen and Bibiana Badenes in Benicassim, Spain
Jun 11-12, 2011: Applied Structural Integration Skills - the Spine, Pelvis and Lower Limbs with Sol in London, UK www.bodyworkcpd.co.uk
Keep me updated