Sol is a teacher, therapist and international presenter with over 30 years experience. His passion is the development of a truly integrative approach to the education and healing of body, mind, heart and spirit.
Mana Retreat Centre
MANA Retreat, a sanctuary and seminar centre, nestled in the Coromandel bush of New Zealand, is a charitable trust. Sol, as a young teacher, therapist, musician & artist had a vision of a learning centre to promote the creative & healing arts . In 1983 Sol and the 3 other trustees began creating Mana.
Waimana is Sol's family residence and little corner of paradise located on the mountainside between Mana Retreat and Tara Sanctuary. Waimana Spa has two lovely self-contained units, swimming pool, hot pool and spa - a perfect place to escape for a personal retreat, to relax and rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit. Enjoy bush walks and a range of therapeutic treatments : remedial and relaxation massage, Integral Aquatic therapy and Watsu, Structural Integration, Counselling and Rehabilitation from injury.
The Chai Tea House
the Chai Tea House is a vegetarian cafe, juice and kombucha bar in the centre of Coromandel town, New Zealand
Click here to visit The Chai Tea House Facebook site
Mana Structural Integration Training (IASI affiliated)
the Mana SI training is a person-centred approach to teaching the evolving work initiated by Ida P. Rolf with the intention of nurturing the art of embodiment.
Structural Integration and Myofascial Release Skills Classes
A range of classes covering techniques and information to support therapists and teachers practising massage, structural bodywork and SI, Pilates, Yoga and fitness training. Current classes in NZ and Europe.
Introduction to Watsu, Integral Aquatic Therapy & aquatic Structural Integration
Integral Aquatic Therapy and Watsu are gentle and effective forms of body therapy and rehabilitation performed in warm water( 35 degrees C.). They combine elements of soft tissue manipulation and massage, joint mobilization, trigger point therapy, stretching and positional release all woven seamlessly into a beautiful sequence of fluid movements.
Sweatlodge at Mana
the sweat is a healing ritual of the north and central american native tradition. It is a unique experience offered at Mana near the solstice and equinox times.
Mana Inner Warrior Mens Empowerment Progammes
The 4-day Mana Mens Retreats have been inspiring, initiating and nourishing men for over 20 years. Earth & Fire, Earth Oven Building Retreat Nov 23-27 at Mana
The Heart of Tai Ji and Meditation Retreat and Classes
integrating traditional Yang style Tai Ji of Master Huang Sheng Shyan, with meditation, Qi Gong and functional awareness. Sol teaches Thursdays in Coromandel town and retreats at Mana
Structural Awareness and Yoga, Facial Fitness and Yoga - classes with Sol Petersen
In a yoga practice developing mindfulness as well as awareness of basic structural principles helps us to reduce effort and increase our ease and suppleness. The classes in NZ and Denmark for late 2012/13 have not been scheduled yet. Sol will present Fascial Fitness and Yoga at the Easter 2013 Yoga Festival at Kawaipurapura near Auckland
Classes not Currently scheduled
News & Events
- 2014 Hakomi Mindfulness-based Professional Psychotherapy Training at Mana Retreat, Coromandel. Visit www.hakomi.co.nz
Read our latest newsletters online
- October 4-6, 2013 Attending to Attachment: A Mindfulness-Centred Approach to Attachment and Relationship Repair with Julie Murphy at Kawai Purapura Retreat, Albany, Auckland. Visit: www.hakomi.co.nz and www.kawaipurapura.co.nz
- September 21-22, 2013 Spring Sweatlodge with Sol Petersen at Mana Retreat, Coromandel
- September 13-15, 2013 Skills for Mindful Living: A Hakomi Body-Integrated Approach with Jules Morgaine at Mana Retreat, Coromandel. Visit www.hakomi.co.nz and www.manaretreat.com
- Mar 16-17, 2013 Autumn Sweatlodge, Mana Retreat, Coromandel.Download poster.
- Feb 18, 2013: Start of 6 week Structural Integration training.Download training brochure.
- Feb 1-3, 2013: the H..E.A.R.T. workshop. the Hakomi Embodied and Aware Relationships Training- an inter-personal skills workshop with Halko Weiss, Hakomi trainer from Germany at Mana Retreat.
- Jan 6, 7, 2013: Fascial Fitness Trainers Certification Course in Auckland. Download poster
- Jan 4, 5, 2013: Introduction to Fascial Fitness with Robert Schleip and Divo Mueller (pre-requisite for Trainers course) in Auckland.Download poster
- Dec 1-2, 2012: Aquatic Structural Integration : Applying Myofascial Release Techniques in the Water, Teddington Pool, Greater London, UK. Download poster
- November 30: Evening Intro to Aquatic SI, Teddington Pool, Greater London, UK
- Nov 23-27, 2012: Earth and Fire - MANA Mens Retreat: Earth Building Mens Retreat with Gunther Andraschko and Sol. Download poster. Watch Mana Mens Retreat Nov 2011 on TV 3 NEWS VIDEO: Men's retreat attempts to erase modern stresses
- Nov 2-11, 2012: Hakomi Professional Training. Mana Retreat, Coromandel. Download poster and brochure.
- October 5, 6, 7, 2012: The Re-Creation of the SELF with Jon Eisman from USA - a Hakomi trainer's approach to healing and understanding through a new approach to Self psychology at Tauhara Centre Taupo..see www.hakomi.co.nz, contact sol for more info.Download poster.
- Sep 22-23, 2012: Spring Sweatlodge at Mana. Download flyer
- May 12-13, 2012: Myofascial Release Weekend Class: Structural Integration Skills for the Spine and Lower Limbs, with Sol Petersen. Waimanu, New Plymouth. Download poster.
- BodyWisdom Congress "The Anatomy of Aliveness" in Spain, June 6-9, 2012 with international presenters and pre & post congress workshops. View latest BodyWisdom Spain newsletter
Dec 21, 2011: Summer Solstice Sweatlodge at Mana
Dec 18, 2011: Bridging Science and Clinical Practice - a Fascial Fitness workshop for hands-on therapists in Auckland with Schleip PhD 9:30 - 5:30
More information on Robert's classes in Austalia starting early Dec www.bodyworkeducationaustralia.com.au
Dec 17, 2011: Fascial Fitness Workshop for Movement and Manual Therapists with Robert Schleip PhD, Auckland 9:30 - 5:30
Dec 16, 2011: 7pm Secrets of Fascial Fitness lecture and workshops with Dr. Robert Schleip in Auckland at the NZ College of Massage, 382 Manukau Rd. Epsom. Click to download Fascial Fitness article by Robert Schleip
Nov 25-29, 2011: Straight and True - Arrow Making, Archery and Tai Ji, Inner Warrior Mens Retreat at Mana with Sol Petersen, Paul Mischefski and Inner Warrior Graduates
Oct 28-Nov 1, 2011: Advanced Structural Integration workshop for SI Practitioners with Sol at Waimana at Mana
Oct 14-16 or 14-20, 2011 (Weekend only or 6-day ) Five Treasures Tai Ji and Meditation Retreat with Sol at Waimana at Mana Retreat
Sep 2-5, 2011: at Mana Retreat - The Essential Self in Psychotherapy with Greg Johanson, Hakomi trainer and author
Jul 7-9, 2011: Integral Aquatic Therapy course [Terapia Acuatica Integral] with Sol Petersen and Bibiana Badenes in Benicassim, Spain
Jun 11-12, 2011: Applied Structural Integration Skills - the Spine, Pelvis and Lower Limbs with Sol in London, UK www.bodyworkcpd.co.uk
Keep me updated